The following guidelines will apply to all Deshler Public Schools Activities for the 20-21 School Year. The purpose of these guidelines is to help create a safer competition environment for all students involved in the activity. These guidelines are subject to change depending on the risk level for Deshler Public Schools as determined by the administration and health department.
ALL ATHLETIC EVENTS
● Temperature checks may be performed for all spectators. Any person exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms will not be allowed admittance to the facility. Any individual with a temp of 100.4 or greater should not be in attendance.
● Facilities will open for fans 45 minutes prior to the first contest. All teams and spectators will enter the facility through our main gym doors (north doors).
● Fans will be asked to limit their movement within the facility once they arrive. Fans are also required to socially distance by family within bleachers.
● Spectators are required to wear a mask at all times.
● NSAA Attendance Guidelines will be followed according to the risk level for the Deshler region.
● Additional space will be created around the home and visitor bench areas along with the score table area to maintain proper social distance guidelines between the team benches/score table and fan seating. Seating along the first row of the West bleachers in the Gym is prohibited.
● Concession stand will be available.
● Fans are prohibited from entering the playing area or bench areas of either team. Players should not enter the stands to visit or greet fans prior or after games.
● Fans are required to leave the facility immediately following the conclusion of the final game of the evening.
- PLEASE KNOW WE WILL HAVE ALL VARSITY GAMES ON OUR STRIV CHANNEL.
SPORT SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
● Teams are required to wear masks when not in competition.
● Teams will be provided their own locker room or classroom during competitions (Locker rooms will not be shared by teams).
● Players are not allowed to enter the stands to visit or greet fans prior or after games.
● Post-game handshakes are prohibited per NSAA and NFHS guidelines.
● Seating along the first row of the bleachers in the gym is prohibited.
● Sanitizer will be provided at the scorer’s table.
● Home team will film on the West side of the gym and the visiting team will film on the East side of the gym.
● Children must stay with parents at all times.
- Fans and athletes are required to leave the gym immediately following the conclusion of the final game of the evening.
- Attendance is limited to household family members only (no to exceed 75 people per team, groups no larger than 8 individuals)
- Six feet of separation is required between family groups.
- Masks are required for all staff and patrons.
- No band will be allowed to perform.
- No additional students will be allowed to attend.